March 1, 2012 - Westminster, MD
The Barbour Group Celebrates 10 Years of Bonding Solutions Excellence
Maryland based surety brokerage firm reflects on key milestones and looks ahead
to future growth and achievements
The Barbour Group, a Maryland-based surety brokerage known for its passionate approach to helping small businesses find bonding solutions, celebrates their 10 year anniversary March 4, 2012 Founded by Karen Barbour, President The Barbour Group, continues to deliver on its promise to strategically help small businesses identify and make the right decisions in order to grow their business.
“As we celebrate our ten-year anniversary, we are proud that The Barbour Group has met all of the milestones and exceeded the projections we set forth for the company, despite the recent economic climate,” shared Karen Barbour, President of The Barbour Group. “We are humbled to have such a strong network of partners and customers that have contributed to our success while looking to us for strategic advice. The Barbour Group is fortunate for the opportunity to support many philanthropic causes, giving a positive impact to the communities we serve. We look forward to continuing these traditions in the coming years,” Ms. Barbour continued.
- The Barbour Group established and achieved the following milestones over the past ten yearss
- Successfully delivered surety bonding solutions to hundreds of customers including Fortune 1000 companies, such as General Contracting giant, Hensel Phelps and International Gaming Systems King, Bally Technologies, Inc.
- Successfully deliver surety bonding solutions to Federal contractors, including 8(a), WOSB, VOB/SDVOB, DBE and HUBZone certified firms.
- Established an office in D.C. area to serve our growing clientele. In D.C., The Barbour Group hired Heather Maier, Director of Surety and Bob Weston, Director of Contractor Programs
- Received key business certifications included Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), Maryland Department of Transportation Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) and SBA Women-Owned Business (WOSB)
- Championed the civic and non-profit causes in the community, including appointment as Co-Chair of Governor’s Commission for Small Business in Maryland, Board Member of Carroll County Economic Development Corporation, Vice Chair of State Advisory Board for Maryland SDBC, and Mentor & Lifetime Member of She Counts, Inc.
Additionally, The Barbour Group received numerous industry awards and recognition within the business community becoming a four time Inc. 500/5000 recipient and the induction into Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneurial Winning Women, as well as being named U.S. SBA Small Business Person of the Year for Maryland and Innovator of the Year (2010) by The Daily Record.