International Construction Opportunities for Effective Risk ManagementREGISTER ONLINE NOW
The Barbour Group is co-hosting an event with Karen Dobson's company, GovCon Consutling, LLC. The Federal Acquisition Regulation guidelines for contracting with the United States overseas is not all you need to know. The Dobson-Barbour team is bringing together specialists in international federal government contracting to educate and discuss how to comply with contracts, manage risk, protect employees and assets. Join us for “Best Practicies for OCONUS Contracting” at the Tower Club on November 15th 2018 from 7:30 am to 11:00 am. We will be covering an array of risk management topics including surety, international insurance coverages, the Defense Base Act, and legal war stories.
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/best-practices-for-oconus-contracting-tickets-51071338749 Tickets are $35.00, and the event will be November 15, 2018, 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM at the Tower Club - Tysons Corner, 8000 Towers Crescent Drive, Suite 1700, Vienna, vA 22182.
- Karen Dobson, Principal, GovCon Consulting : Karen Dobson is the owner and founder of GovCon Consulting, LLC. Dobson has spent over 25 years in the heart of the complexities of international government contracting. GovCon Consulting, LLC is a recognized leader in defining and developing solutions for Defense Base Act coverage and its implications for both contractors and the government agencies responsible for requiring and administering the Act.
- Sean Milani-nia, Partner, Fox Rothchild LLC : Sean’s government contracts practice involves resolving claims, requests for equitable adjustments and bid/size protests. He has experience representing federal contractors in claims before the various boards of contract appeals, including the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and Civilian Board of Contract Appeals. Sean also regularly assists clients pursuing bid protests before the Government Accountability Office and Court of Federal Claims, size protests before the U.S. Small Business Administration, size appeals before the Office of Hearings and Appeals and requests for reconsideration before the Center for Veterans Enterprise.
- Lee Rock, PSA Insurance : Vice President, PSA Financial, Inc and President of Glen Rock Insurance, Inc. – an affiliated co. Active in the insuraance industry for over 36 years, he has earned the CPCU and CIC designations specializing in commercial property and casualty exposures on larger complex risks. He provides risk survey and analysis on a fee basis and is sought after as expert for litigation cases. PSA and The Barbour Group are formal JV partners for commercial insurance risks.
- Cristy Bethancourt, Multinational Underwriting Specialist, AIG :Cristy Bethancourt, INS serves as one of the Foreign Casualty Underwriter for the Northeast Region which includes Maryland, DC, Virginia and Philadelphia. In her role, Cristy is responsible for underwriting and servicing her book of large multinational accounts. One of AIG’s growth products is Multinational where Cristy focuses on production, as well as the development, expansion and enhancement of broker and client relationships within the territory.
- Karen Barbour, President, The Barbour Group, LLC : Founder/Owner of the Barbour Group and BG Network with over 30 years of experience in contract and commercial surety in various positions that include contract bond underwriting for Top 10 sureties and sales producer for leading DC Metro agencies, while simultaneously owning a construction company for ten years engaged in steel erection and metal fabrication, to starting her own nationally licensed surety and insurance agency in 2002 focusing on surety bonds for construction clients across the country that include start-ups to Fortune 1000 firms.
- Chris Smith, Vice President, The Barbour Group, LLC :Vice President, Sales of The Barbour Group with over 18 years of experience in sales, marketing and risk management. Chris is a career sales professional who brings both Fortune 500 company and startup company sales and business development expertise to The Barbour Group. Chris’ primary focus is surety bonds and risk management for federal sector contractors. His industry expertise and his wide-reaching stakeholder network has helped many 8(a), HUBZone, Woman-Owned Small Business, and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned companies scale toward profitability and market leadership.
- Peter A. (Duke) DeLuca, Brigadier General, US Army, Retired Senior Advisor of the Roosevelt Group : Duke DeLuca joined the Roosevelt Group in September 2017 as a Senior Advisor. He has 32 years experience working in the U.S Army at all levels from platoon to combatant command, in the process commanding an engineer battalion and a multi-service engineer brigade in combat, and commanding two U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Divisions and serving as the Commandant for the U.S. Army Engineer branch and school. These positions highlighted exceptional skills in program and project delivery and in interagency and political collaboration. He has extensive COO experience in multi-functional regional divisions of a global architectural, engineering, construction, environmental and water resources development organization with strong experience as the functional lead for the U.S. Army for the delivery of engineering effects and services across the entire U.S Army.
- Dave W. Vivian, US Air Force, Retired, Contracting Officer & Branch Cheif - US State Department : Dave Vivian is a warranted Contracting Officer and Branch Chief for the Architectural and Engineering Contracting Branch within the Office of the Procurement Executive; Facilities, Design and Construction Division. Dave is responsible for the acquisition of architectural, engineering, and construction services valued at $1.8 billion in FY 2018 required to design, construct, and maintain the Department of State’s facilities both domestic and overseas. Dave joined the Department in August 2000 after retiring from his 26-year career in the US Air Force. For the last eighteen years, Dave has provided acquisition support to the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) to facilitate and acquire contract support and contractor involvement in the design, construction, maintenance, and renovation of DOS facilities worldwide. He is a graduate in business from the McKendree University in Lebanon Illinois.