September 18, 2017 - Washington, DC
Senate Passes $700 Billion 2018 National Defense Authorization Act, Including Procurement Reforms
- On September 18, 2017 the Senate passed its version of the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), authorizing $700 billion in defense spending for Fiscal Year 2018.
- In order to provide the authorized level of spending through appropriation bills, Congress will need to address the limits of the Budget Control Act.
- As is the case each year, the NDAA will include significant procurement reform provisions. For example, the Senate version would reform the debriefing and bid protest process and the House version would promote the use of online commercial marketplaces.
- Both versions contain significant potential reforms to the regulation of commercial items.
- View the entire bulletin in HTML format.